29 August 2013

Starting a New Chapter

These next couple days mark a big chapter in my life closing, and another one starting over. On Saturday, I'll be heading to the airport to hop on a flight to Halifax. I'll be heading to university, away from everything and everyone I've never known. It's scary, yet slightly liberating. The idea of getting to start fresh in certain ways is really exciting. The idea of not having any of my safety nets with me however, is one of the scariest things in the world. I've never been away from my family. I've never been across an entire country for months at a time, without my mom or my friends.

I had my last day of work on Sunday, and was only slightly disappointed (I actually couldn't wait until I no longer had to pretend to like people when they were completely rude and obnoxious towards me...) when that day ended. I loved some of the people I worked with; it made those eight hour shifts bearable.

I've been making lists, checking them twice, gonna find out ... wait, sorry, wrong song.

Packing is awful. I don't just suck at it, I am shockingly horribly dreadful at it. I'm so afraid of leaving something behind, I've been packing, repacking, checking and then having to pack it up all over again. I just know it'll be over the weight limit, but at this point, as long as I have everything I just don't care.

I've been spending as much time possible with friends, and this also brings up another thing: Leaving has brought out just who really wants to be my friend, and who just wants me around for convenience; only when they want me. The ones who make the effort, the ones who have actually called me up and asked to hang out, are the ones I'm going to make an effort to keep in touch with when I'm gone. The rest, well I won't focus too much on. I'm going to use this change for good, and it'll help cut out all the weeds in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment