04 December 2014

The Liebster Award Challenge: About Me!



Thanks to Teresa over at The Caramel Cat for the Liebster Award challenge nomination. Here it goes:

First, 11 random facts about me...

  1. Following high school, I took two years and studied acting full-time. You can actually find some of my student/independent films online if you look hard enough. (No, I will not encourage it. It's embarrassing, ha!) I was also in a Klondike ice cream bar commercial once upon a time... 
  2. A lot of the time, my dreams are all done as musicals. Just how I wish life were.
  3. I'm a horrible procrastinator. I tend to start things but never finish, it's all kinds of ridiculous when it comes to school. For example, I just stayed awake until 8AM writing an 8 page paper that I had all semester to write.
  4. I'm a big supporter of cancer research and charities alike. Charities I love and support are: The Terry Fox Foundation, Canucks For Kids Fund, Fuck Cancer.
  5. I'm obsessed with online shopping. It's very much a problem. 
  6. If you call me or text me during a hockey game, I probably won't answer and if I do, it'll be during a stoppage in play. Most of my friends know that if they take me to a restaurant where there's hockey playing on a TV, I'll lose focus and ignore them. Also, I won't leave the house during a Canucks game unless it's to go somewhere else with a TV playing the game. (I know, I know, pathetic.)
  7. I love writing. I've written several short stories and am working on my own novel... slowly, but surely.
  8. I get real into holidays. Halloween, Christmas, St. Patty's Day... Christmas at my house usually looks like me decorating like crazy, driving everyone nuts with the Christmas carols and ugly sweaters. (But they get a lot of cookies out of it, so I'd say it's win-win.) 
  9. I love to travel. I've been lucky enough to have been to countries like France, Italy, England, Ireland, Switzerland and cities like NYC. This February, I'm going on some more adventures which I'm so excited for!
  10. I'm known to be incredibly sarcastic. I can't count the amount of times I've been called a "smart ass" by friends and family.
  11. I really, really (I mean, really) would love to take a semester abroad in England. 
On to the next part: questions!
  1. Where were you born? I was born in Vancouver, Canada.
  2. Describe yourself in three words: Sarcastic, passionate, free-spirited.
  3. What is your guilty pleasure? Reese's peanut butter cups, mmmm.
  4. What quality do you appreciate the most in others? Honesty. 
  5. What do you hope to accomplish some day? The list is so very long. I think, at the end of the day, I just want to inspire people and make them smile. I want people to remember me as the girl that was always smiling, stood up for what she believed in, loved her family and friends to death and never gave up on her dreams.
  6. Three things you cannot live without? My phone, Netflix and my favourite pair of shoes.
  7. Who are your favourite bloggers? Peace Love Shea (Shea Marie) and The Skinny Confidential (Lauryn Evarts)
  8. Why did you start blogging? I think I just needed a place to call my own. I've got so many ideas swirling around in my head, it's nice to have a place to put it down and get it out there. I'm also a big fan of fashion and shoes and am always experimenting with makeup and beauty products. This gives me an excuse to write as much, or as little, as I want. Which is perfect!
  9. If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would it be? Vancouver permanently, with vacations in Paris and England. I couldn't pick just one!
  10. What would be the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery? Pay my student loans and buy back my childhood home for my mum to retire and live in!
  11. What did you want to be when you grew up? A cat, then when I realized that wasn't possible, I wanted to be an actress (still do).
So how this works from what I understand is, I'm supposed to tag some blogs and then those blogs will then copy this same format! You write 11 random facts about yourself, then answer the next 11 questions. Instead of picking specifics, I'm going to nominate anyone who'd like to participate! I've enjoyed reading all the blogs I've just found and getting to know more about the people behind them. So if you want to do it, do it! And comment to let me know, so I can check it out! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment